Things You Should Know About Dental Bonding
Today’s adhesive dentistry provides quick solutions to smile restorations for both children and adults. According to Dr. Scott from Lincoln Children’s Dentistry, cosmetic procedures like dental bonding make restorative procedures possible in one visit. This reversible procedure works best for anyone unsure about how to correct the appearance of his teeth.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure whereby Dr. Rebecca Scott uses a tooth-colored composite resin to fix a chipped, discolored, decayed, or a decayed tooth. In one visit, the doctor prepares the resin and bonds it permanently to the affected tooth. It shapes and polishes to match the adjacent teeth. This procedure is an easy and affordable option.
Why do you need Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding works best to:
• Fix a tooth imperfection
• Repair a damaged tooth due to decay, discoloration, or cracking
• Close small gaps in between teeth
• Make tiny teeth appear longer
• Replace an older metal filling
• Conceal and safeguard the tooth’s root that seems to be exposed as a result of receding gums
What makes you a good candidate for Dental Bonding?
Since dental bonding is a cosmetic procedure, ideal candidates should have:
• Healthy teeth with only aesthetic concerns. These include teeth discoloration, minor cracks, chipping, and small gaps on teeth whose enamel and roots are intact
• Teeth that appear too small or too thin
• Misshapen teeth
• Teeth requiring basic filling
• Be seeking fast and affordable cosmetic dental corrections
What happens during the procedure for Dental Bonding?
If a patient requires a minor mouth alteration, Dr. Rebecca will start by examining the teeth. Then, she will refer to a shade guide and pick a composite resin that is the closest match to the color of your teeth. Unless the doctor is working on tooth decay, Dental Bonding will require no prior preparations. Hence, Dr. Scot will place the chosen resin over the existing enamel to get the tooth’s impression. Next, she will use a special light to harden the resin into the shape and size of the tooth. The final result is a filling that looks natural.
Are you looking for a dentist who can fix your smile using dental bonding? Visit Lincoln Children’s Dentistry for further assistance.