Pediatric Dentistry in Lincoln, NE
Pediatric dentistry involves the treatment and care of primary teeth, starting from infancy right through to adolescence. Our qualified dentist near you has completed extra training after dental school and is fully trained to diagnose and treat your child.
Why Are Pediatric Dentistry Services Important?
It’s essential to care for primary teeth and treat any problems that may arise. You should consider bringing your child for their first dental visit to Lincoln Children’s Dentistry by the age of one. We also educate parents and children about home dental care.
Caring for primary teeth is important due to several reasons:
- Chewing and Biting – Baby teeth play a crucial role in chewing and eating functionalities. Lack of chewing or biting ability may cause digestive problems. The child may refuse to eat due to pain or discomfort. Dr. Rebecca Scott will assess your child’s oral cavity first before helping you determine the best solution for pain relief.
- Primary Teeth Are Essential for Healthy Oral Development – Untreated decay, hidden cavities, or gum disease may affect the eruption of adult teeth. The permanent tooth may grow at an angle or may become impacted under the gums. Strong primary teeth also strengthen jaw muscles and create an attractive smile.
The back teeth (the cuspids and molars) do not fall out until age 12 or 13, but the front four teeth fall out by age 5 or 6. Please contact our trained dentist in Lincoln, NE, regarding our extensive range of pediatric dentistry services.
Our Range of Reliable Pediatric Dentistry Services near You
Dr. Rebecca Scott offers an extensive range of preventive and restorative dental treatments for children, including:
- Preventive care, exams, and cleanings
- Application of fluoride treatment and dental sealants
- Cavity treatment including fillings, root canal therapy, extraction, and pulpotomy
- Restorative and orthodontic treatments such as crowns, braces, Invisalign®, and mouth guards
Lincoln Children’s Dentistry also offers emergency treatment for knocked-out or dislodged teeth, toothache, cut cheeks or lips, abscesses, fractured or chipped teeth. If your child is suffering from pain or discomfort, please contact our office for assistance.