Dental Fillings in Lincoln, NE
Although primary teeth are eventually lost, they are the only teeth your child will have until the adult teeth erupt fully. Our trained dentist near you helps preserve your child’s baby teeth by placing fillings or crowns.
Does Your Child Need Fillings?
At Lincoln Children’s Dentistry, our priority is to prevent tooth decay and treat problems early to prevent complications. However, if we detect any cavities, Dr. Rebecca Scott will place a suitable dental filling to seal the gap. It’s essential to insert a filling and prevent the cavity from spreading to other teeth or below the gums.
Although fillings are usually needed due to caries, there could be other reasons for needing fillings like:
- Poor dental development
- Tooth damage due to trauma or emergencies
- A root canal or pulpotomy treatment
- Tooth discoloration
What Type of Fillings is Suitable for Children?
The best fillings for children are non-metal ones that are biocompatible and free from toxic ingredients. Non-metal fillings in Lincoln, NE, offer several benefits:
- Aesthetic Appeal – Composite resin fillings at Lincoln Children’s Dentistry appear aesthetic and natural, especially for the front teeth.
- Strengthen the Tooth – Resin fillings adhere directly to the tooth and prevent the likelihood of fractures.
- Less Sensitivity to Heat and Cold – Composite resin is not sensitive to heat and cold, unlike metal fillings, which respond to hot and cold foods. There are fewer chances of suffering from tooth pain.
- It Involves Reduced Removal of Tooth Structure – Our child-friendly dentist in Lincoln, NE, prefers composite resin fillings, which does not involve excessive filing down of tooth structure to accommodate the filling.
Dental Fillings Procedure for Children
As an experienced dentist who works with children, we are trained to keep your child relaxed at all times. After de-sensitizing the area, we will drill away the decayed material and insert the resin filling to seal out bacteria and decay.
Parents can help children brush and floss as usual. Increase the consumption of vegetables, fruits, and healthy meat and reduce sugary foods. Please contact our office for information regarding dental fillings near you.